Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'll be in China on Monday!



My China trip is special in a couple ways, personally and professionally. For me, this trip is a home-coming since I was born in Hong Kong. Spending a month in China will immerse me in not only the culture but the language as well. Because so much of the Chinese culture is transmitted through the language, speaking Chinese on a daily basis will greatly re-connect me to my roots. Professionally, this is a wonderful continuing education opportunity. I'll be doing the rounds with the local doctors in the out-patient cancer ward in a major hospital in Canton. Because my specialization is in oncology, I'm fascinated by the integrative approach used in China for cancer treatment. In addition to using conventional therapy such as chemo, radiation, and surgery; they incorporate the use of acupuncture and herbal prescriptions.

I will be in Guangzhou --->  you can look at this link for more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou

No comments:

Post a Comment